Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Never Too Old to Learn New Things

The age of communication. There is just so many ways to do it these days. Clay briefly mentioned setting me up on facebook over the Christmas holidays, but I brushed him off thinking, me on facebook? That's for the younger generation. But, when visiting 3 of my most favorite people in the whole world this past weekend, I discovered they are all part of the world of communication through facebook. Wow, here are 3 people my age engaging with people from all over the world! I have never been one to talk on the phone, even as a teenager. So, could this be a way to communicate without having to open my mouth! I became a little more interested as I watched my sister in law Alice as she wrote back and forth with friends. I began to ask questions and before I knew it she had me all set up. I was now a member of the facebook society. She gave me a quick tutorial on how it all works, but knew I would be on my own when I got home. Most of you who know me, know that I am always willing to try new things. Well this facebook is a new thing to me, but I dug in. It wasn't long before I had my profile all set up, including pictures!! I could hardly stop. I found myself with 18 new friends in just one day!! What would I do with that many friends? Was I becoming a facebook addict? No, no, not me. I am too old for this!! I soon realized that you are never too old to try or learn new things. Communication is the key to a good relationship and if facebook is a way to communicate with others count me in!! Thanks Alice for the inspiration!

4 comments:

  1. My sentiments exactly! Good job - and welcome to the world of blogging and FB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Gayla. Glad you are no longer a stalker. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is AWESOME!!!! And here we all are....I'm looking forward to staying in touch with this mode of communication given the distance between us! Yippeeeee!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom - WAY TO GO! I am proud of you! You were already cool to begin with, so this is just the icing on the cake! Keep it up! Love you!

    ReplyDelete