Friday, February 13, 2009

How to Live

Spontaneous. Just what does that word mean? Webster’s definition: Acting, reacting or happening without apparent forethought or prompting. Gayla’s definition: Making a road trip to I Hop in San Marcos at 10:00 PM on a weeknight. Yes, that is exactly what I did with two of my favorite friends. We finally finished up a long night of preparation for the upcoming valentines banquet at church, when I received a message from my tummy. It was telling me I was hungry. Hum, where would I go at 10:00 to get something good to eat? Not much open in this small town at that time of night. So, I threw out the spontaneous card and said; “How does I Hop sound” To my surprise the answer was “yes”. The next thing I knew the three of us were off to San Marcos. We had such a good time. It was almost like we were teenagers sneaking out of the house. We were making memories that will last a life time.

As I reflect over what transpired that night a song came to mind that says it all. I am sure that many of you have heard it before. Point of Grace sings it and is titled “How you Live” Do you wake up to sunlight with your windows wide open? Do you wear your red dress and use your good dishes? Do you turn up your music and turn it up loud? Do you go to the ballgames and to the ballet? Do you take a few a chances and let it all out? It’s all about living!! Don’t take life for granted. Live it to the fullest. Do something crazy, throw out that spontaneous card. You won’t regret it. Because it’s not who you knew and it’s not what you did, IT’S HOW YOU LIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment